September 6, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 6 - Purple

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple...
Today's challenge features the color purple and, although its my favorite color and I have more purple polishes than any other color, I had a difficult time deciding which design to create.

When I first began to look up information about nail art, the criticism I read most often was that nail art was too "garish" or too "juvenile" for older women to wear. This same criticism was often used to describe brighter colors (like purple) when worn by those of us in the 40+ club. However, I've seen a lot of beautiful, classy nail art created with colors from every part of the spectrum. So, I grabbed one of my brightest purples for today's challenge to show how any color can be used in a lovely, subtle design.



I'd seen a design similar to this one created with beige and soft pink (which was very nice) but I think it works with brighter colors too. I created this effect by making a diamond grid pattern with striping tape and lightly sponging the darker color onto the tips. 


The colors and decorations used in this design are:
  • Wet n Wild - On a Trip
  • Wet n Wild - Disturbia
  • Cina - Ice Sparkles Rhinestones
Do you have a favorite color or polish that the "general consensus" thinks is not right for you (but you wear anyway)? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment