September 25, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 25 - Inspired by...Fashion

Mention my name and "fashion" in the same sentence and most of the people who know me will smile, shake their heads, and say "Bless her heart..." 

It's not that I'm a fashion victim who wears combinations that make them cringe or anything—it's just that choosing fashionable ensembles for myself isn't my strong suit. Maybe it's because I've always been such a tomboy. Maybe because my body shape (big chest, short waist, long legs) makes shopping an incredibly  frustrating experience. Maybe because I've never had a job that required me to dress up. Whatever the reason, I'm pretty good at choosing flattering clothes for everyone except myself.

Luckily, I have a few people in my life who are really skilled at selecting clothing or accessories that I love and look good on me. My mother falls into this "fashion assist" category and she bought the scarf I used as the inspiration for today's challenge. Thanks Mom!


The colors I used for today's challenge are:

  • OPI - Alpine White
  • Wet n Wild - Break the Ice
  • China Glaze - Spontaneous
  • LA Colors Art Deco Striper - Purple Glitter
Are you a fashion diva or a jeans and t-shirt kind of person? How did you choose your inspiration for today's challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment