September 16, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 16 - Geometric

Wow, Day 16! We're already halfway through the challenge and today I'm back in my comfort zone.

After I learned how to do gradients, the next technique I tried to master was tape masking. I soon discovered it can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it, but it's definitely a great way to create some really amazing nail designs.

For today's geometric challenge I used regular Scotch tape, but instead of applying one color to the entire nail, I used different colors for the individual sections. I used a neutral color for the base to achieve another negative space effect (see Day 1 of the challenge for my first negative space design).


The colors used for today's challenge are:

  • Wet n Wild - Sugar Coat (neutral base)
  • China Glaze - Spontaneous
  • LA Colors - Aquatic
  • China Glaze - Purple Panic
How are you feeling now that we're halfway through the challenge? Are you going to make it all the way to the end? Let me know what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment