September 26, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 26 - Inspired by...a Pattern

My father spent most of his professional life selling metal. Not in a scrap yard kind of way but rather selling steel and aluminum plates, rods, and other manufactured metal goods to large construction projects, auto and airplane builders, and the military. As a child, my father would take me to the warehouse where the metal was stored and I remember being fascinated by the wide variety of shapes and patterns on the various types of metal. The design for today's Pattern challenge is based on a common stamped aluminum pattern.


I used one of my new Shany stamping plates to create this pattern and I'm very please with how it came out. Stamping has been a difficult technique for me to learn, but lately I've been getting the hang of it.


The colors I used for this challenge are:
  • Wet n Wild - Undercover
  • Konad Stamping Polish - Black
  • Shany Cosmetics Image Plate #SH220
We're in the home stretch! Only five more days to go in the 2014 31-Day Challenge—have you planned out your last few designs?

No comments:

Post a Comment