September 14, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 14 - Flowers

The Gerbera Daisy (or African Daisy) is one of my favorite flowers. With their large blooms and wide variety of bright colors, they always seem so happy and cheerful to me. 

I've created nail art designs with flowers before, but I've never created any with gerbera daisies, so today's challenge seemed like a good opportunity to try it.


Today's challenge was also a good opportunity to get some more freehand practice. I painted the petals of each flower with a base color, then highlighted with a secondary color. To finish up, I used a dotting tool to make the dark centers. The colors I used for today's challenge are:

  • Revlon - Entice
  • Sinful Colors - Pull Over; Big Daddy
  • China Glaze - That's Shore Bright; Hang Ten Toes; Sun of a Peach
  • Revlon - French Roast
Receiving a bouquet of gerbera daisies will always make my day a little better. Do you have a favorite flower? Have you ever created a nail art design with that flower? Let's discuss it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment