September 21, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 21 - Inspired by...a Color

We're in the final stretch and today starts the "Inspired by..." section of the challenge. My inspiration for today's design is China Glaze's color "Hang-Ten Toes," a bright pink I wouldn't normally wear but is perfect for this design.

Founded in 1960, the Hang Ten company represented the modern surf scene to all of us in the land-locked, "flyover" states. Fashion in the 1970s included psychedelic colors, polyester, crazy prints...and it seemed like everyone had at least one article of clothing showing the Hang Ten logo! Those two little bare feet prints represented sand, surf, and endless summer to an entire generation.


In addition to Hang-Ten Toes, I used Kiss Nail Art black striping polish (with a dotting tool and a fine-stroke brush) to freehand the little feet walking across my nails. It took a little longer than I thought it would, but I'm very pleased with the result.

With only 10 more to go, what remaining challenges are you looking forward to (or dreading)?

No comments:

Post a Comment