September 15, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 15 - Delicate Print

Mehendi (or mendhi)—the art of decorating the hands and other parts of the body with hennahas always been fascinating to me. The patterns and designs created by henna artists are beautiful and intricate and application can take many hours.

I've wanted to create a mehendi nail design for a while now, but the intricacy of the designs are kind of intimidating. However, I promised to push myself out of my comfort zone during this 31-day challenge, so I finally worked up the nerve to take on this design.


My freehand painting skills have improved, but I'm still not confident enough to try such a complicated design, so I used a Sharpie marker (another new technique I've wanted to try) over a bronze-tone polish. A small "bindi" jewel on the ring finger finishes off the look. The colors and decorations for today's challenge are:
  • Revlon - Fall Mood
  • Sharpie Fine Point - Black
  • Sassy & Chic Nail Jewels
Although the design isn't as "delicate" as I'd like it to be for this Delicate Print challenge, as first attempts go I'm please with how it came out. This is how we self-taught newbies learnby trial and error. Next time it will be better.

Do you have a new nail art technique that you've tried, or are planning to try, during the 31-day challenge? Tell me about it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment