September 11, 2014

#31DC2014 31-Day Challenge - Day 11 - Polka Dots

I wasn't sure I liked matte polishes or matte top coats when they first became popular. However, although I don't think they look good with every design, some nail art really comes together when created with matte polishes or finished with a matte top coat. I think this design goes in that category.

I love the art of the aboriginal people of Australia—especially the style created with dots. I've been waiting to do nail art using this style and today's challenge gave me the perfect opportunity.


Not a traditional polka dot design, I admit, but it was really fun to create! The colors used for this challenge are:

  • Sephora by OPI - Caught With My Khakis Down
  • Sinful Colors - Big Daddy
  • Wet n Wild - Wet Cement
  • OPI - Alpine Snow
  • Revlon - French Roast
  • Revlon - Fall Mood
  • Orly - Voyeuristic Adventure
  • Maybelline Color Show - Onyx Rush
  • Sephora by OPI - Matte Top Coat
Do you have a design you've wanted to try, but haven't yet? Let's talk about it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment