September 9, 2016

31-Day Nail Challenge #31DC2016 - Geek Girl Theme - Rainbow

Like many parents, I screen the shows my son watches on television. But when I watched my first episode of Adventure Time - a show my child described as being about "a boy and his talking dog" - I couldn't have imagined how big a fan I would become of this strange, post-apocalyptic cartoon. Apparently other grown-ups had the same experience, since Adventure Time has as many adult fans as kids.

For today's Rainbow theme, I chose an Adventure Time character named Lady Rainicorn. A magical creature, she uses the light spectrum to fly, phase through matter, and change the color of anything she wants with her horn. For some unknown reason, the native language of her kind is Korean. She's very laid back, a loyal friend, and made a wonderful subject for today's challenge.


To create Lady, I started with the base polishes of OPI Alpine Snow on my fingers and Sinful Colors Blue Lucite on my thumb. The stripes were created with Wet n' Wild I Red a Good Book, Sinful Colors Pull Over, Revlon Entice, Wet n' Wild Sky Me Mine, and China Glaze Spontaneous. Her pink face is Essie Fiji and blonde mane is Wet n' Wild Bee-U-Tiful. Wow, that's a lot of color on just five fingers!

Are you an Adventure Time fan? If so, who's your favorite character? Let me know in the comments below. To see more nail challenge designs, look for the #31DC2016 tag, or browse through the In-Linkz posts below.



2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen adventure time, but it's one of those shows that I've seen a lot of references to. Once I played a variation of Munchkin (a geeky card game with DND references) that was based off of Adventure time, and the illustrations were very cute. I love the rainbow mane you created on your mani- very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventure Time is unique, I think because of its contrasts. It can be purely silly, psychedelically weird, and almost Shakespearean in its tragedy (especially the Simon & Marcelline storyline). But mostly its smart and that's why so appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete