ThunderCats was a 1980s cartoon show listed as one of the Top 100 Best Animated TV Shows in 2009. Popular with kids and their parents, it featured the adventures of a group of catlike humanoid aliens who have to flee their dying planet and retreat to "Third Earth". At a time when children's cartoons were being criticized for being nothing more than 30-minute toy commercials, ThunderCats tried to teach children important lessons about loyalty and friendship. Many episodes feature their enemies, the Mutants of Plun-Darr, as they tried to steal the Sword of Omens from the Thundereans. Although a 2011 reboot of the series wasn't successful, the original still has a huge cult following.
To create my ThunderCat design, each finger was given a unique base color and specific detailing to represent different aspects of the show.
- Thumb - Sinful Colors Blue Lucite, with the Sword of Omens hand drawn using Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Lo, bmc Iced Silver, a black Sharpie, and a red rhinestone from Born Pretty.
- Pointer - Gradient of bmc Orange Peel and Wet 'n Wild Sun Settle Down and Bee-U-Tiful with hand drawn tiger stripes using bmc Noir Black. (Tygra)
- Middle - Gradient of bmc Angelic White and L'Oreal Greycian Goddess with hand drawn white tiger stripes using bmc Noir Black. (Bengali)
- Ring - Gradient of Pure Ice Shore Bet and Sally Hansen Quick Sand with stamped cheetah print using bmc Noir Black and a Born Pretty stamping plate. (Cheetara)
- Pinkie - Base color of Sally Hansen Quick Sand with stamped paw prints using bmc Noir Black and a Born Pretty stamping plate. (WilyKit and WilyKat)